Tree and Design Action Group (TDAG), a UK-based non-profit, is offering three workshops in November centered (centred) around their recent “Trees In the Townscape” report. The dates for the workshops are:
- 7 November 2012 – Hilton Hotel, Bristol. (Sat Nav: BS32 4JF)
- 14 November 2012 – Cuerden Valley Park, Preston, Lancashire. (Sat Nav: PR5 6BY)
- 22 November 2012 – South of England Showground, Haywards Heath, West Sussex. (Sat Nav: RH17 6TL)
According to the TDAG website, these seminars are aimed at those who are involved in, and responsible for, planning, designing and managing green infrastructure within urban environments. The speakers – Keith Sacre (Barcham Trees), Ian Phillips (Planning Consultant) and Russell Horsey (Deputy Director, ICF) – will discuss how the “Trees In The Townscape” report can be used to help:
- Leverage funding for projects
- Improve livability in cities and towns
- Implement best practices for green infrastructure
There are more than 30 case studies in the “Trees In The Townscape” report, two of which are Silva Cell projects! Both the RAF Bomber Command Memorial (Facebook album is here) and the Marq2 Transit Corridor (Facebook album is here) are included as examples of successful green infrastructure projects.
For more information about these three November events, click here.